WELCOME TO THE SIMPLISAFE FAMILY
Congratulations on your new home and welcome to SimpliSafe! At SimpliSafe, we know how important keeping your home and belongings safe is during the stressful and exciting time of moving. That’s why we aim to make our systems the easiest part of moving in so it can always be the first thing you plug back in at your new home.
Now that you've inherited a SimpliSafe system, let's learn the system, set it up, and customize it to fit your needs.
SETTING UP AND GETTING TO KNOW YOUR SYSTEM
If you’re not familiar with SimpliSafe systems and would like to get to know SimpliSafe and the devices in your new system, you can check out our Getting Started hub for details and tips on setting up your new system.
And you can always give us a call at 1-888-910-1215 every day between 8:00am – Midnight, ET, for any assistance getting set up, activating monitoring, or any other questions you may have.
To start making your new SimpliSafe system your own, you can follow these five simple steps:
- Download the SimpliSafe mobile app from your phone’s app store
- Customize your system-wide settings and device-specific settings
- Choose the Professional Monitoring plan that’s right for you and your new home.
- Connect your system via the mobile app: Menu > My System > General Settings > WiFi Network
- Connect your cameras via the mobile app: Menu > My System > Camera Settings > select each camera > WiFi Network
- Update your address and personal information—including monitoring contacts—in the Location Profile section (Menu > Location Profile)
- Set and become familiar with your Safe Word and PINs (Menu > Location Profile)
- Update your payment information and choose a Monitoring Plan (Menu > Plan & Billing)
- Rename any sensors that have changed to new locations or uses (Menu > My System > Device Settings)
- Keep in mind that if a Base Station and Keypad were not left in your new home for you, you will need these core devices for your system to communicate between devices and with our monitoring centers
- If you’d like some time to get to know your system without worrying about setting off false alarms, you can contact us to enter temporary Practice Mode for three days
NOT WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING FOR? TRY ONE OF THESE PAGES
- Taking my entire system with me
- Leaving my entire system behind
- Taking part of my system with me
- Moving your camera to a new location
- Removing sensors from your system
- Testing your system once it's reinstalled
- Getting Start with SimpliSafe
- Sensor Settings
- Base and System Settings
Did you know SimpliSafe customers can save up to 25% on their home insurance? SimpliSafe partnered with Hippo Home Insurance to provide you with a special discount on your home insurance. By protecting your home with SimpliSafe, you can save on your home insurance when you switch to Hippo! Click here to get your free quote.