Cameras *Constantly* Disconnecting
My cameras are extremely unreliable and disconnect constantly for the last 3 years, usually when I need them most. I've tried everything I can think of, I've posted my complaints to Reddit (and will continue to do so), and searched online and in these help pages for troubleshooting tips, followed all suggestions, nothing has worked. I've spoken to customer support about this several times, and it's clear I know far more about the system than they do, they are zero help. It has become very clear that this is 100% a design defect in the SS cameras, full stop.
- I'm an engineer, and extremely technical (I'm also a lawyer, but let's hope that's not needed).
- Customer for 3 years.
- Premium Plan.
- 61 total SimpliSafe devices and sensors.
- 1 doorbell camera, 5 indoor cameras (black 1080p version), 3 outdoor cameras (black 1080p version with outdoor kits), all cameras set to 720p.
- Connection test for cameras shows good connection to WiFi.
- Google mesh router with 5 endpoints, WPA2 security, mesh test is good.
- Cameras are connected to a 2.4Ghz only guest network with unique SSID.
- All cameras are within 20 feet of an endpoint, most have direct line of sight.
- I've tried removing, re-adding, resetting the cameras many times, no effect.
- My home is standard wood frame residential construction, no metal reinforcement in the walls.
- No other devices, including other types of cameras, have ever had an issue connecting to the WiFi.
- All devices have the latest firmware installed.
I've got a lot invested in this system, and if it's not reliable, it's worthless to me. I need a solution now. This is mostly all I see, every day: