While recording, the camera’s connection to SimpliSafe ended and no video was uploaded. This may apply to entire recordings or it may apply to only portions of recordings.
A disconnection during recording may be due to:
- Weak internet connection preventing the camera from uploading video to SimpliSafe
- Your Camera updating. If the status light shows Solid Yellow please allow time for the update to complete.
- Multiple devices may have been streaming which reduced the bandwidth available to the camera
- Your WiFi network configuration such as name or password changed mid-stream
- The camera or WiFi router lost electricity
- Your internet service provider experienced an outage
To mitigate this issue from occurring in the future:
- Ensure that your camera and router are plugged in
- Ensure that your camera has appropriate WiFi credentials.
- Contact your internet service provider to inquire about service availability.
- Improve the WiFi signal strength of your camera. Learn how.
- Improve the upload speed available to your camera. Learn how.
Unfortunately, we are not able to recover “lost” portions of recorded videos.