What It Means
A "No Video" error means that, while recording, the camera disconnected from SimpliSafe and the video was not able to be saved. This might mean the loss of an entire recording or it might mean a loss of only a portion of the recording after the connection was lost. Unfortunately, we are not able to recover these “lost” portions of recorded videos.
Some of the below steps may help to prevent future video losses, but please note that "No Video" errors caused by power losses are not necessarily preventable. However, your SimpliSafe system runs primarily on a cellular connection and your Base Station comes equipped with a 24-hour backup battery to ensure that you are protected at all times—including during a power outage or loss of WiFi connection.
Causes and Prevention of Disconnection During Recording
- Multiple devices may have been streaming, reducing the bandwidth available to the camera (click here to learn more about speed requirements)
- To address this issue, you can work on improving the upload speed available to your camera
- Weak internet connection preventing the camera from uploading video to SimpliSafe
- Check out this article for steps on improving the WiFi signal strength of your camera
- Camera updating
- If the status light shows Solid Yellow please allow time for the update to complete—your camera should then be able to reestablish its connection
- Your WiFi network name or password changed mid-stream
- You'll need to go into your settings to make sure this information is up to date
- The camera or WiFi router lost power
- Double check that both your camera and internet router are plugged in
- Your internet service provider experienced an outage
- Contact your internet service provider to inquire about service availability and interruptions
- You can also use the RouteThis app to help diagnose and troubleshoot WiFi connectivity issues.