Does your Keypad look like the one pictured to the left? Then you're in the right place! You've got the All-New SimpliSafe system. If you purchased a system in 2017 or earlier, you have the Original SimpliSafe. Click here to view the article about the Original SimpliSafe. If you're not certain which system you have, you can tell the difference here.
Keypad Out of Range is a message that appears on your Keypad whenever the device is not communicating with your Base Station. There are two primary reasons that this error will appear:
- The Keypad is too far away from or cannot communicate with the Base Station
- The Keypad is not paired with the Base Station.
First, test to see if the keypad can communicate with the base station when they are close together. Either unplug the base station and bring it closer to the keypad, or slide the keypad off its bracket and bring it closer to the base station. Try to arm the system through your keypad, and see if it works. If it does, try moving your base station to a slightly closer location to your keypad. This error most often occurs due to the keypad being too far from the base, or certain types of walls or appliances interfering with the signal.
If bringing the keypad and base station close together does not solve your issue, then the keypad is likely not paired to the base station. Follow the below instructions to pair your keypad to your base station.
If you own a second keypad:
- Press “menu” on the second Keypad, and enter your Master PIN.
- Choose “Devices” and then scroll down to the Keypad issuing the error. It will be identified either by the name you gave the Keypad, or by its serial number, which can be found underneath the battery cover of the Keypad.
- If you do not see the Keypad issuing the error in your list of devices, scroll back to the top of the Devices menu and select “Add Device”, and then “Keypad”
- When prompted, press and hold the red “panic” button on the top of the Keypad that is issuing the “Out of Range” error. Your Base Station should acknowledge the new device by saying “Keypad added. Now choose a name.”
- Name the device. You can then exit the menu by clicking the “menu” button in the bottom left corner of the Keypad.
If you do not own a second keypad:
- Remove a battery from your Keypad, and then reinsert it. Your Keypad should say "Searching for Base Station."
- Using a Phillips-head screwdriver, remove the battery compartment cover from the bottom of the Base Station. Twist counterclockwise to remove the cover.
- Press the small, circular button opposite where the power adapter connects.
- Press one of the buttons on the Keypad. The Keypad should say "Connecting to Base Station."
- The Base Station will announce "Keypad added." You can now replace the battery covers.
If necessary, the Keypad will provide you with further prompts. However, if the issue persists or you continue to have trouble connecting your Keypad to your system, please contact our customer support team.