Constant error messages
System worked extremely well for about 3-4 years. However, over the past year, we've had constant problems with error messages: "Entry sensor not responding" or it claims a door or window is open when there isn't. We've changed out sensors, gone through resets several times with a customer rep over the phone. The last reset (removing ALL batteries from all sensors and base station with rep on the phone) was just a couple of weeks ago, and still, I've received 12 error messages just in the past week. It's too frustrating and time-consuming. Ready to throw this one out and try a new system. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if it was successfully resolved?
3 years ago
1. Battery needs to be re-seated, or,
2. Battery needs to be replaced.
3. Sensor is too far away from the base station. Try moving the base station closer so that ideally, the base is centrally located in the home.
4. Interference, such as wiring in walls, another device with the same radio signal in the home, appliances, thick walls etc.
5. Sensor and magnet are not flush and/or too far apart from each other.
6. Sensors are defective, need replaced.
If you're having this many issues despite replacing the sensors, you might consider upgrading to SS3 - if interested, call and ask for a supervisor and then ask for the 40% OFF upgrade offer.