Does your Keypad look like the one pictured to the left? Then you're in the right place! You've got the Gen 3 SimpliSafe system. If you purchased a system in 2017 or earlier, you have the Original SimpliSafe. Click here to view the article about the Original SimpliSafe. If you're not certain which system you have, you can tell the difference here.
If you have the Gen 3 SimpliSafe system and have received a replacement cellular module, follow this guide to install it.
Tools required: Small Phillips head screwdriver
GET YOUR BASE STATION READY:
- Remove the power cable from the bottom of the Base Station.
- Unscrew and rotate the battery compartment on the bottom of the base station and remove one battery. (Fig. 1)
STEP 1: REMOVE THE OLD CELLULAR MODULE
- Unscrew the one screw attaching the cellular module to the Base Station and pull the L-shaped cellular module out of its slot. (Fig. 2)
- Unplug the brown connector from the wireless module. Lift the L-shaped cellular module out of the base station and pull the 8-wire cable through the opening by holding and gently pulling the wires (do not pull by the board - this could damage the connector). (Fig. 3)
STEP 2: ADD THE NEW CELLULAR MODULE
- Plug the brown connector from the Base Station into the new cellular module.
- Insert the new cellular module into the slot on the Base Station at a 45-degree angle, then push it into the slot. (Fig. 4)
- Note: You may need to pull the connecting wire out of the way for the module to slide correctly. Tuck the wire back in once the cellular module is screwed into place.
- If the wire is twisted, please leave it this way.
- Screw the cellular module in the Base Station.
- Slide the Base Station cone back on (making sure the SimpliSafe logo is on the side opposite the power cord). Rotate the cone clockwise until it snaps in place.
- Replace the Base Station backup battery, screw the battery cover back on, and reinsert the power cable into the bottom of the Base Station.
- Your system should connect to the new 4G network in 1-2 minutes.
STEP 3: TEST
- Press Menu on your Keypad and enter your master PIN
- Scroll down and select Test Mode, prompting your system to send a test signal that you can see in your account online.
If you’re having trouble installing your cell module, please give our customer support team a call and we’ll be happy to assist you.