Thanks for purchasing the SimpliSafe Video Doorbell Pro! This article will walk you through installation and set up for your doorbell. In addition to following this guide, please download our step-by-step setup guide: Video Doorbell Pro Setup Guide
- Important: Turn off the power to the existing doorbell at the circuit breaker.
- Remove the existing doorbell by unscrewing the top and bottom screws on the existing doorbell. Then, remove the wires from the back of the doorbell by loosening the screws holding them in place. (Note: Make sure once removed the wires don't fall into the wall. Consider securing the wires with tape.)
- Thread the wires through the center of the mounting bracket.
- To correct the angle of the doorbell install the angle bracket. (Note: This step is optional.)
- If Installing on a stone, brick or stucco wall, pilot holes will need to be drilled using a 3/16" masonry bit.
- Screw the mounting bracket to the wall.
- Loosen the terminal screws and connect the wires to the mounting bracket.
- Slide exposed wire behind the square washers and around each screw, then tighten the screws to secure wires. (Note: wires can connect to either screw.)
- Push the doorbell onto the mounting bracket and slide down until it clicks into place.
- The doorbell can be secured to the bracket using the supplied Torx screwdriver and screw. (Note: Keep the screwdriver somewhere safe where it won't get lost.)
- Important: Turn the power back on at the circuit breaker.
- Press the doorbell to test chime connection.
(Note: The camera battery may need a few minutes to charge before the camera can be connected to WiFi. The LED ring will blink white after button press when the camera is ready for setup.)
If the doorbell chimes, great it's working.
If the doorbell did not chime check that the wires are secure.