How to become a SimpliSafe Customer
Has anyone else experienced this...
I recently tried to become a SimpliSafe customer and had the following:
- I customized my system and saved progress. Upon returning and clicking on the link in my email it brought me to an empty cart. Nothing was saved. No way to retrieve any of it.
- I decided to simply build my order and not worry about the system builder. I added all of the items to my cart and tried to checkout. I was unable to get to the billing screen. It would only reload on itself. I double and triple checked my inputs and data. I checked the browser console and did not see any errors. I could not checkout.
- I called to reference the issue to see if I was doing something wrong. The agent on the phone helped me by taking my order over the phone. She added everything and read it back to me to confirm. I checked off my list at my desk, all looked good. She placed my order.
- I received no invoice or sales receipt. I created my account with the same email I gave to the agent on the phone. I was hoping to see and review my order. When I signed in there were no orders (in app or web app). Nothing.
- I reached out to support and received a canned response. I know it's canned, because they still, to this day, continue to send me the same canned response (as if they have never received any support messages from me). They told me to check my account online for my orders, even after I told them I couldn't access. I provided screenshots.
- Shipping took longer than expected. Understandable during the holidays. I received a SimpliSafe shipment, only it was for a customer in NJ (I received package and packing slip with his name/address on it). Still nothing for my own order.
- I received my shipment, only to find that 3 items were missing from the order. This is what I wanted to check in the first place while asking for an invoice or sales receipt.
Customer support has been abysmal. I haven't seen the same support agent name twice in the email signature, and continue to receive the canned responses. They keep telling me to call, but I refuse to wait on their support hold for issues that are all of their own doing. Why do they not have any support ticket mechanisms where I can send them the documentation in a single communication thread?
As my wife put it, "Are you sure you want to trust our security to a security company that has gotten all of this so wrong?"
Then again, maybe I am the unlucky one out of a sea of happy customers.