How to activate app control
What is app control?
To activate app control for your system, you will need to connect your system to the app. If you have the latest gen SimpliSafe (that would be Gen 3, released in January 2018), you’ll also need to connect your system to Wi-Fi as part of the process.
Getting Set Up
- In the app, you should be greeted with a couple of options right on the home screen. Select Set Up a Security System.
- Select Scan QR Code to use your phone’s camera to scan the QR code on the bottom of your Base Station—or select Enter serial number manually to type it in yourself.
- Select a plan. You can take this opportunity to switch to a new plan or, if you want to stay on your current plan, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Decline 30-Day Free Trial. Then hit Yes to confirm.
- You’ll be prompted to connect your SimpliSafe system to Wi-Fi through the Keypad. If you’ve already done that, you’ll automatically be taken to the next step.
- Enter your 4-digit Master PIN to confirm the link.
After pairing the app with your Base Station, you will have access to all the app control features of your plan: the ability to arm and disarm your system from the app, set up push notifications, and more!