This article is about the Original SimpliSafe system. If you purchased a new system in 2018 or later, you likely have the All-New SimpliSafe. Click here to view this article for the All-New SimpliSafe system. If you're not certain which system you have, you can tell the difference here.
Please follow the steps below to troubleshoot not receiving push notifications on your smartphone.
- First, ensure you’ve turned on push notifications in your SimpliSafe mobile app.
- For system alerts, this can be found by going to Settings -> Alerts & Notifications for the location you want alerts for. There are three types of alerts - make sure you’ve selected the ones you would like.
- Alarm -- Smart Alerts when system alarm is triggered.
- Activity -- Smart Alerts when system is armed or disarmed, as well as for sensors set to Secret Alert.
- Error -- Smart Alerts on Power Outages and Sensor Errors.
- For camera alerts, this can be found by going to Settings -> Camera Settings, and selecting the camera you’d like alerts for.
- Set Motion Notifications to “on” and ensure that Motion Detection is not turned off.
- You will only receive motion alerts when your camera’s privacy shutter is open.
- Second, ensure that your smartphone is set to allow SimpliSafe to send push notifications.
- On iOS:
- Go to “Settings”, then click “Notifications”.
- Find the SimpliSafe app, and make sure notifications are turned on.
- On Android:
- On your Android device, tap Apps > Settings > MORE.
- Tap Application manager > DOWNLOADED.
- Tap on the Arlo app.
- Select or clear the check box next to Show notifications to enable or disable push notifications.
- If your notifications are set up correctly, then try closing the app and re-opening it.
- If you still are not receiving notifications, try deleting the app and re-installing it.
If you are still unable to receive push notifications, please contact our customer support for further help.