This article is about the Original SimpliSafe system. If you purchased a new system in 2018 or later, you likely have the All-New SimpliSafe. If you're not certain which system you have, you can tell the difference here.
Please follow the steps below to troubleshoot not receiving push notifications on your smartphone.
- First, ensure you’ve turned on push notifications in your SimpliSafe mobile app.
- For system alerts, this can be found by going to Settings -> Alerts & Notifications for the location you want alerts for. There are three types of alerts - make sure you’ve selected the ones you would like.
- Alarm -- Smart Alerts when system alarm is triggered.
- Activity -- Smart Alerts when system is armed or disarmed, as well as for sensors set to Secret Alert.
- Error -- Smart Alerts on Power Outages and Sensor Errors.
- For camera alerts, this can be found by going to Settings -> Camera Settings, and selecting the camera you’d like alerts for.
- Set Motion Notifications to “on” and ensure that Motion Detection is not turned off.
- You will only receive motion alerts when your camera’s privacy shutter is open.
- Second, ensure that your smartphone is set to allow SimpliSafe to send push notifications.
- On iOS:
- Go to “Settings”, then click “Notifications”.
- Find the SimpliSafe app, and make sure notifications are turned on.
- On Android:
- On your Android device, tap Apps > Settings > MORE.
- Tap Application manager > DOWNLOADED.
- Tap on the Arlo app.
- Select or clear the check box next to Show notifications to enable or disable push notifications.
- If your notifications are set up correctly, then try closing the app and re-opening it.
- If you still are not receiving notifications, try deleting the app and re-installing it.
If you are still unable to receive push notifications, please contact our customer support for further help.