This article walks through installing your SimpliCam. First, take your camera out of the box, and plug it in. We recommend you thread the cord through the stand and then plug it into the camera with the camera not on the stand. See the image below
Next, you’ll download the SimpliSafe app and follow the instructions to connect the camera to your WiFi
- If you haven't already, download the SimpliSafe App from your phone's App Store (iPhone) or Google Play Store (Android). Once you have the app downloaded and open, log into your account using your SimpliSafe username (the email that you gave us at the time of purchase) and your password. If you don't remember your password, tap Forgot Password and follow the instructions to reset it.
- Tap the three-bar ≡ Menu icon on the top left, and select Cameras. If you do not have any Cameras installed yet, you'll see an Install Camera button. Tap it to get started. If you have another Camera installed already, tap the ⚙ Gear icon, then Add New Camera.
Note that if you have multiple SimpliSafe systems, you may also need to select which location this Camera is in.
- Name your Camera. The name needs to be under 14 characters. Try something simple like "Home" or "Kitchen".
- Enter your WiFi information. If your phone is currently connected to your home WiFi, that network will be automatically selected. Otherwise, you can select another network. You will also need to type in your WiFi password. You may want to tap the Show button so that you can see what you are typing.
- Tap Get Your Code. You will be shown a QR Code (a square barcode). Hold your phone in front of the Camera, about 12in away, so that it can scan the code. If the code will not scan, try slowly moving the phone closer and then further away from the camera. It might help to keep the Camera on a stable surface, and hold your phone as still as possible. For further troubleshooting, see here.
Once the code is properly scanned, the Camera will attempt to connect to WiFi. You will know that it's connected when the Connected message pops up on the app. Your camera may require an update - this will be indicated by a solid yellow light after connecting to WiFi and can take up to ten minutes. The camera will reboot once it's finished.
For additional help, please contact customer support.