Getting Your Camera Ready
After taking your camera out of the box, we recommend you thread the cord through the stand, plug it into the camera, then put camera on the stand, and plug it into the power source. Refer to the below image for step-by-step instructions:
Downloading the App
Next, you’ll need to download the SimpliSafe app in order to connect the camera to your WiFi.
- Log into your account using the email that you gave us at the time of purchase as your username.
- Enter your password.
- If you don't remember your password, tap Forgot Password and follow the instructions to reset it. After resetting your password, use your new password to log in.
Connecting to WiFi
Please note that the camera has to connect to a 2.4 ghz network.
- Tap the three-bar ≡ Menu icon on the top left
- Select Cameras
- If you do not have any Cameras installed yet, tap the Install Camera button
- If you already have another Camera installed, tap the ⚙ Gear icon, then choose Add New Camera. If you have multiple SimpliSafe systems, you may also need to select which location the new camera is being installed in.
- Make sure that your camera status light is flashing white. This indicates that it is ready to be installed.
- Name your Camera. Since the name needs to be under 14 characters, try something simple like "Home" or "Kitchen."
- Select your WiFi network
- If your phone is currently connected to your home WiFi, that network will be automatically selected. Otherwise, you can select another network.
- You will also need to type in your WiFi password. Since both WiFi name and password are case sensitive, you may want to tap the Show button so that you can see that you're entering the right letters, numbers, and symbols with no spaces.
- Tap the Get Your Code button
- For best results, limit any bright lights, glares, shadows, or reflections on the camera's lens
- Also make sure you have removed the clear plastic film from the camera's lens
- When the QR Code (a square barcode) is displayed on your phone, hold the phone in front of the Camera lens with the screen facing the camera, about 12 inches away. Allow the camera a few moments to scan the code.
- If you're having issues with your camera scanning the code, try adjusting your phone's brightness or moving it farther or closer away from the camera.
- You should also make sure that the Camera is on a stable surface, and you're hold your phone as still as possible.
- For further troubleshooting, see here.
- Once the code is properly scanned, a Connected message will pop up on your phone to confirm the connection and the camera will no longer have a flashing white light.
- If your camera is showing a solid yellow light after connecting to your WiFi, it may require an update. The camera will update automatically, which can take up to 10 minutes. The camera will reboot once it's finished and the yellow light should be gone.
Your camera is ready to go!
For additional help or if you're having issues setting up your camera, please contact customer support. We'll be happy to help!