SimpliSafe is always working to improve all our devices. Updates allow us to introduce new features, address any bugs, and improve overall system performance. System updates to the Base Station and Keypad do not update automatically since the system will be offline for 8 – 12 minutes while they update. You must initiate these updates when you see the gear symbol on your Keypad or receive a notification in the app.
Please note: You must be on WiFi to receive updates for your Base and Keypad.
Initiating System Updates
Even if you do not see the gear on your keypad or a notification in the app, you can always check for System Updates by going to your Keypad menu, selecting System Settings, then Check for Updates.
When you are ready to update your system:
- Bring your Keypad to your Base Station.
- Push the left side of the Keypad screen where the gear icon is located to prompt the Install menu.
- Select Install Update by pushing on the right side of the Keypad screen.
- Allow the system to install and reboot, which will take about 10 minutes.
- While updating, the Base Station light will be amber and the Keypad screen will show the percentage of the update that has downloaded.
If you would rather wait until a better time to install the update, you can leave the gear icon alone until you are ready. You can also select the Remind Me Later option on the Install menu (step 2 above) and the gear icon will disappear and return in 7 days.
Our cameras and video doorbells update automatically—you don't need to do anything! If an event occurs during the time that an update is being installed on the device, the update will pause during the event so you're never without protection.
If you have any issues with the update process, please contact Customer Support.