Primary contacts are the phone numbers that are contacted after your alarm sounds and before the police are dispatched. You have two slots for your primary numbers which means you can have either one or two numbers contacted. We recommend you have two primary contacts listed, in case we cannot reach your first contact. Make sure both primary contacts know your safe word! This is the word or phrase you selected to confirm your identity. This will be needed to cancel police dispatch during an alarm.
Secondary contacts are the phone numbers that will be contacted after the police are dispatched. The monitoring center can call up to five secondary contacts. This feature is useful to notify people of the alarm event and that the police have been dispatched to your home. Customers often make family neighbors, family members, and friends their secondary contacts. Make sure to inform them, and tell them to save our monitoring center's phone number (855-693-4911) !
You can change and/or update them on your Simplisafe App by following these steps:
- Log in to your Simplisafe App
- Tap ☰ Menu at the top left
- Select Location Profile
- Scroll down to see the Primary and Secondary contacts section
- Tap into a contact to change it, or choose Add Contact to add a new contact
You can also update your contacts on the Webapp by following these steps:
- Log into your SimpliSafe account here. This should bring you to your Dashboard.
- Using the menu on the left side of the screen, click on Monitoring.
- On the right side of the Monitoring page you should see places to add your Primary and Secondary contacts, along with a description of each.
- Once you have updated your information on this page, you can click Save at the bottom of the page to complete these changes.