Waste of time and money
Do your research before buying a SimpliSafe system. I cannot even begin to explain how many problems I’ve had with the system.
Background: I live in one of the top 10 largest cities in the US and have the fastest internet offered by AT&T. I would consider myself to be a tech saavy millennial.
1) If you attempt to add a new piece to your system (ex. you decide to add another camera) you have to reset the base station and add every item back one by one.
2) The system updates are frequent and lengthy. You have to take the base keypads off the wall and carry them to the base station to complete the updates
3) If you wish to make any changes to your monitoring plan you must do so by calling in and waiting on hold
4) In order to cancel your service they require serial numbers of a camera (not even the base station) which makes zero sense
5) I was told a supervisor was not available at this time when I called in during business hours
6) There is a long delay time between when you hit the lock/unlock button in the app
7) There is a long delay time between when you set the away or home or off function
8) The cameras will randomly stop working, nothing to do with internet or power source. You then have the pleasure of getting to completely reinstall them
9) The door bell got stuck and permanently rang one day out of nowhere so we had to disassemble it.
I cannot stress how much I wish I would’ve gone with any other home security system, there has been nothing but pain and suffering as a result of having this system. I beg you to look at any other system besides SimpliSafe. I own a ton of their equipment and I wouldn’t even give it to someone for free, it belongs in the trash.
I hope this post saves at least one person from the mistake of using this system