New Features Now Available for Unsubscribed Accounts
Some of you may already know about this, but we're making it official. We've rolled out some extra online features, which give you even more control over your SimpliSafe security system, even if you're not subscribed to monitoring!
What new features are available?
All customers with a connected alarm system will now have access to these great new features, through both the SimpliSafe app for iOS and Android, or your online account at SimpliSafe.com:
- Timeline Event Log - view up to 7 days of events from your system, including arms, disarms, errors, and alarms
- Dashboard - check the state of the system, whether armed in Home, Away, or Off
- System Status on the Dashboard - swipe down on the Dashboard to view
- View and change all device settings via the app
- Lock, unlock, and change all settings for the Smart Lock
What if I already have Monitoring?
Of course, Interactive customers will already have all of these features, and more! But if you're currently subscribed to Standard Monitoring, you'll have access to all of the features above as well, at no additional cost.
Why should I stick with the $24.99 Interactive Plan?
If you're already on Interactive Monitoring, which is our highest-level plan that includes all of our great services, you'll still have quite a few perks:
- Arming and disarming remotely via the app and webapp
- Smart Alerts to your phone and email, and Push Notifications for the alarm system
- A complete Timeline event log that includes all signals for as long as your system is active
- Unlimited Video Recordings for all of your cameras
Sounds great! How do I sign up?
These features are opt-in, so you can decide if it's right for you. You will also need to connect your system to our service, so if you have the latest-gen SimpliSafe, you'll want to connect your system to WiFi. You can find those instructions here.
If you have the SimpliSafe Original, unfortunately you'll need to have at least the Standard Monitoring Plan active, as that enables the built-in cellular connection. Or if you're ready, you can give our Sales team a call at 800-548-9508 to talk about equipment upgrade options available for you.
Once you've got your system linked up, you can enable connected features through either the SimpliSafe app on your phone, or online:
- Head over to the SimpliSafe app, or your account online.
- Navigate to the Menu on the left, and select Manage Monitoring.
- Select Scan QR Code to use your phone's camera to scan the QR code at the bottom of your Base Station. Or select Enter serial number manually to type it in yourself.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Decline 30-Day Free Trial, then hit Yes to confirm.
- Enter your address information, and don't forget the Timezone!
- Tap Next and you'll be prompted to connect your SimpliSafe system to WiFi through the Keypad. If you've already done that, you'll automatically be taken to the next step.
- Enter your 4-digit Master PIN confirm the link.
As always, we continue to work hard to make SimpliSafe the best security system on the market. Your comments, suggestions, are a big part of that. The features this post came from feedback from customers like you, so keep 'em coming!