SimpliSafe is always working to improve our products and enhance security by releasing updated firmware and software for both system-wide and device-specific improvements.
Your SimpliSafe Smart Lock requires a critical firmware update in order for it to continue to function properly. Please follow the steps below to make sure your system and Smart Locks are up to date.
How do I install the necessary system software updates before installing my Smart Lock’s firmware update?
- Press the Menu button on your KeyPad and enter your Master PIN
- If there is a gear icon on the main screen of your KeyPad, click the gear icon and follow the instructions on screen to install the necessary updates
- If there is NOT a gear icon on the main screen of your KeyPad, continue on to steps 4–8
- Make sure your system is connected to WiFi by following the steps here
- After connecting to WiFi, you may need to wait up to an hour for your system to retrieve any new updates waiting for installation
- When the gear icon appears on your KeyPad screen, click the gear icon and follow the instructions on screen to install the necessary updates
- If you are installing a Smart Lock for the first time, you are all set and can continue with your Smart Lock installation as normal
- If you already have a Smart Lock already installed in your system, please continue to the steps below
How do I update my Smart Lock that is already installed?
If you have a Smart Lock already installed in your system, please complete the above steps before moving on to the steps below.
- After updating the software on your KeyPad using the steps above, open the SimpliSafe mobile app
- On the home screen of your app below the system status buttons, click where it says “Update Available”
- On the next screen, choose “Update Now”
- After confirming that Bluetooth is enabled on your phone, bring your phone close to your Smart Lock and wait for it to connect
- Your Smart Lock’s firmware update will now begin
- This update may take up to 10 minutes to complete
- Your phone MUST remain near the Smart Lock for the duration of the update
- When the update is complete, you will see a confirmation message on your Smartphone
- The final step is to calibrate your Smart Lock to ensure proper functionality
Your Smart Lock should now be all set and updated to the latest firmware. If you experience any issues, or if the steps above are not working, please contact us at 1-888-910-1215 every day between 8:00am – Midnight, ET.