Does your Keypad look like the one pictured to the left? Then you're in the right place! You've got the Original SimpliSafe system. If you purchased a new system in 2018 or later, you likely have the Gen 3 SimpliSafe. Click here to view this article for the Gen 3 SimpliSafe system. If you're not certain which system you have, you can tell the difference here.
If you have the Original SimpliSafe system and have received a replacement cellular module, follow this guide to install it.
Tools required: Small Phillips head screwdriver
GET YOUR BASE STATION READY:
- Remove the power cable from the bottom of the Base Station.
- Unscrew and rotate the battery compartment on the bottom of the base station and remove one battery.
- Rotate the Base Station cone counterclockwise, then lift the cone off.
Step 1: Remove the old 2G wireless module
- Remove the 3 screws attaching the cellular module to the Base Station (image A) and pull the L-shaped cellular module out of its slot.
- Unplug the brown connector from the wireless module (image B). Lift the L-shaped cellular module out of the base station and pull the 8-wire cable through the opening by holding and gently pulling the wires (do not pull by the board - this could damage the connector).
Step 2: Replace with the new 4G wireless module
- Plug the brown connector from the Base Station into the beige outlet on the right side of your new cellular module. (image C)
- Note: You may need to pull the connecting wire out of the way for the cellular module to slide correctly. Tuck the wire back in once the cellular module is screwed into place.
- Insert the cellular module back into the slot on the Base Station.
- Screw the cellular module into the Base Station. (image D)
- Slide the Base Station cone back on and rotate clockwise until it snaps in place.
- Replace the Base Station battery and reinsert the power cable.
- Your system should connect to the new 4G network in 1-2 minutes.
Step 3: Test
- Press Menu on your Keypad and enter your master PIN
- Scroll down and select Test Mode, prompting your system to send a test signal that you can see in your account online.
If you’re having trouble installing your cell module, please give our customer support team a call and we’ll be happy to assist you.