During setup, the mobile app will ask you to scan a QR code with your camera. If you are stuck on this step, please follow these instructions.
1. First, make sure that the camera is blinking white and the shutter is open.
- If it is not, make sure the camera is plugged in. Then try holding the button on top of the camera for 15 seconds to reset the camera.
2. Next, make sure that the smartphone or tablet is showing the QR code in its entirety and that the phone brightness is set high enough to fully illuminate the QR code.
- Phone brightness can be adjusted in your phone’s settings menu, but the app tries to set it to maximum brightness for this screen by default.
3. If it continues not to read the code, make sure that the camera and phone are around a foot apart and both resting, upright, on a flat surface, facing each other.
- If the code will not scan, try slowly moving the phone closer and then further away from the camera. This may take up to a few minutes before it scans.
If it continues to not read the QR code, please contact customer support.