During setup, the mobile app will ask you to scan a QR code with your camera. If you are stuck on this step, please follow the below instructions.
- Make sure you're installing your camera in a well-lit room. You can always move your camera to the desired installation after it has been installed.
- Make sure there are no bright lights, glares, or reflections directly toward the camera
- Ensure the plastic cover has been removed from the camera's lens.
- Check that the Night Vision light (small red dot above the lens) is off.
- Make sure that the camera light is blinking white and the shutter is open.
- If light is not on, make sure the camera is plugged in. Then try holding the button on top of the camera for 10 seconds to reset the camera.
- Make sure that the smartphone or tablet is showing the QR code in its entirety and that the phone brightness is set all the way up.
- Slowly move the phone closer and then further away from the camera. It may take a few minutes before to scan.
If you continue to have issues with your camera reading the QR code, here are some tips and tricks to help:
- Place the camera and phone about a foot apart on a flat surface, upright and facing each other.
- Cover the top of the lens with one hand.
- Take a screenshot of the QR code and zoom in on the photo in your camera's library.
- Try scanning the code from another device.
If the issues is still not resolved, please contact customer support. We'll be happy to help!