Generally, your camera will be unable to connect to WiFi for the following reasons:
- The camera is disconnected from power
- The camera is unable to read the QR code
- Your camera is updating
- Your WiFi network is down
- Your camera has incorrect WiFi credentials
- Your camera is too far away from the WiFi router to receive signal
Read on for how to determine which of the reasons above is causing your issue and how to resolve it.
Camera disconnected from power
If there are no lights flashing on the camera, this means that it is disconnected from power. Do resolve this, make sure your camera is properly connected:
- Between the outlet and power adapter
- Between the USB and the power adapter
- Between the back of the camera and the micro-USB
Camera is unable to read the QR code
If your camera has a flashing white light, it does not read the QR code that allows it to connect to WiFi. During set up mode, the camera waits to read a QR code which tells it the WiFi name and password. The camera light will change to solid white when the QR code has been successfully read.
If your camera has trouble reading the QR code, you can find steps to correct the issue here.
Camera is updating
When the camera light is solid yellow, this means that it is updating its firmware. This should take less than 10 minutes, and your camera will not be functional during this time. Once the update is complete, your camera will function normally again.
If your camera is not updating correctly, please contact support.
The camera’s WiFi network is down or experiencing other issues
If other devices on the same WiFi network as your camera are not functioning either, there is a problem with your WiFi network.
Make sure your router is connected to power and then contact your internet service provider for assistance setting up your router.
The camera has incorrect WiFi credentials
If the camera has a flashing red light, it has incorrect WiFi credentials.
- If this issue arises during setup, ensure that you have entered your WiFi network and password correctly.
- If the camera has previously been set up successfully, the WiFi credentials may have changed. Click here for details on how to update your camera’s WiFi credentials.
The camera has weak connection to the WiFi network due to distance
If other devices on the same WiFi network are not experiencing connectivity problems, your camera may be having trouble connecting because it is too far away from your router.