Does your Keypad look like the one pictured to the left? Then you're in the right place! You've got the Gen 3 SimpliSafe system. If you purchased a system in 2017 or earlier, you have the Original SimpliSafe. Click here to view the article about the Original SimpliSafe. If you're not certain which system you have, you can tell the difference here.
Although you do not need a computer or WiFi for SimpliSafe to work for your basic home security needs, access to WiFi and a Smartphone and/or computer are strongly recommended to best take advantage of all of your system's security features.
A WiFi connection ensures that you and your home are always protected and always up to date. Connecting your system to WiFi provides a secondary connection source, in addition to the cellular connection, to ensure you always have a strong connection to our Monitoring Center. WiFi also allows your system to retrieve and download all new firmware updates to keep your system and its devices working properly and at their best.
Additionally, there are many key features of a SimpliSafe system that you will not have access to without a WiFi connection. WiFi allows you to:
- Use SimpliSafe cameras
- Connect the cameras to your system
- Stream live video from our cameras
- View and download recordings*
- Access the SimpliSafe mobile app and control your system from anywhere
- View your system's timeline
- Remotely Arm and Disarm your system
- Remotely view and change all your system and device settings
- Remotely lock and unlock the Smart Lock
- Receive push notification and security alerts on your Smartphone*
- Enable and receive Secret Alerts*
- Enable Visual Verification*
- Arm your system with Google Assistant or Alexa*
- Retrieve and download necessary firmware updates for your system and devices
*Available on select monitoring plans
What if I can't access WiFi?
Without WiFi, you can still change your system and sensors' basic settings via the KeyPad as well as take advantage of our Professional Monitoring service's basic features.