Outdoor Camera Firmware 1.7 (April 2022)
As promised, we’re keeping these Wireless Outdoor Camera updates coming. Of course, like all camera updates, this one will roll out to all connected devices automatically - no user action required. You can check the current version installed on your camera by going to the Camera Settings section in the SimpliSafe app.
But if you have not already, we also encourage you to update your Base Station firmware to the latest version. You can learn more from our Help Center article here.
Here’s what’s coming to your Wireless Outdoor Camera:
- Connection Check tool for troubleshooting WiFi signal (accessible through the SimpliSafe app)
- Smoother experience when changing WiFi networks through the SimpliSafe app
- Improved response for streaming and recording
- Resolved a rare issue with motion detection, resulting in better battery life
- Minor bug fixes and improvements