My top eleven feature requests
Here's just a few feature requests, some of these are probably repeats, but these are suggestions based on my own experiences with the system in the short time that I've had it, and comparing it to the past three systems I've had.
In no particular order...
- Sensor Bypass - Ability to bypass a sensor and arm the system anyway
- Pin Length - Configurable PIN length (up to 8 digits)
- More PIN Codes - A family of five is out of luck! How about an increase to 10?
- RF Interference - User option to have RF interference sound the alarm and notify the police
- Sensor granularity - Ability to change how a sensor reacts based on home/away (use case: sensor on garage door, I want it to instantly alarm on Home, but to have no function when in Away mode because when I get home, the first thing I'm going to do is open the garage door)
- Voice Announcements - Announce the door name "Living Room Door", when sensor is triggered in any mode (off, home, away)
- Fast Action (aka Panic) buttons - One each for EMS, Fire, Police on the keypad / app
- One time use codes - For maid service, deliveries, pet sitter, etc
- Arm Only codes - Use case, I leave in the morning, do not set alarm, maid service comes, cleans my house, and then sets alarm before leaving for the day
- Digital Assistant connections - Ability to turn all lights on during alarm
- Latchkey feature (this was available in an older system I used to have) - "Use the latchkey feature to notify you if a family member does not arrive home at a predetermined time and disarm the system. When this feature is active, a latchkey alarm is reported if the premises are not disarmed by the programmed latchkey time. For example, if you set the Latchkey time for 3:00 p.m. and the system is not disarmed by that time a message is sent to your remote phone."