‎Is it possible to buy just the "sleds" that the entry sensors slide onto??? | SimpliSafe Support Home
duffy_4's profile

Thursday, May 20th, 2021 8:49 PM

Is it possible to buy just the "sleds" that the entry sensors slide onto???

Is it possible to just buy the plastic mounting sleds that the entry sensors slide onto? I just installed my system and we might have to have some windows replaced.

The sensors on the previous system (GE/Interlogix) were a real pain to get off after eight years. Kind of afraid that removing the SS sensors will damage the  mounting sleds and thus will need replacements.




5.9K Messages

3 years ago

@duffy_4 I don't know the answer to your question but do know an easy, quick work around. Go to Lowes, Home Depot, Ace etc and buy 3M Command strips with velcro. They work great. When my daughter and son-in-law moved from their condo to their house two of the sensor "sleds" (neat name by the way that you came up with) broke. The velco command strips worked perfectly.  I have since used it again at a friend's house to asked me to help and again, no issues using it.

Community Admin


5.6K Messages

3 years ago

Hi duffy_4,

Our Entry Sensors use removable adhesive. You just need to slide the sensor off the bracket (or the 'sled', as you mention), then pull the adhesive table very slowly but firmly until the whole strip comes apart. That should result in no damage to your window, or the brackets!

Of course, you'll want to replace the strips with fresh ones - as the Captain suggests, 3M's Command Strips are recommended.

Though to answer directly, no, we currently do not have the mounting brackets available separately - not even as replacements. But no worries, if yours are ever damaged, we'll just replace the whole thing. Our Support can help at 800-548-9508!

- Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security

244 Messages

3 years ago

New to the Community? Get started by reading our Welcome Article and please be sure to review our Community Guidelines before posting.