Some Android users may receive an error message reading "Your connection is not private" when trying to log in to the SimpliSafe mobile app. This is due to your browser's Lets Encrypt Root certificate expiring.
To fix this issue you will need to set Mozilla Firefox as your phone's default internet browser.
Setting Firefox as Default Browser
- Download Mozilla Firefox in the Play Store if you have not already.
- After launching the Firefox browser, locate and tap the 3 dots.
- Select Settings.
- Toggle On "set as default browser."
- Relaunch the Simplisafe app and try logging in again.
- If the problem persists, you can try changing your default browser in your phone's settings.