The SimpliSafe security system can be in three states - Off, Home, or Away. Home and Away both mean the system is armed. The difference is which sensors are activated in that mode. You can configure each of your sensors to be active or inactive in either mode. However, the default settings are:
- All sensors are active.
- Motion Sensors are not turned on. This is to allow your family to move freely through your home, while still keeping your entry sensors and other sensors armed.
- By default, SimpliCams will have their privacy shutter closed in Home mode.
- All other sensors are active.
- Burglary sensors are not turned on. This includes Entry, Motion, and Glassbreak sensors.
- Panic Buttons, and the panic button on the Keypad and Key Fob, remain active. Pressing them (for one second) will still set off the alarm.
- SimpliCams will have their privacy shutter closed by default.
- Water, Freeze, Smoke, and CO sensors remain active. Smart Locks and Cameras will also still be functional.