This article is about the All-New SimpliSafe system. If you purchased a system in 2017 or earlier, you have the Original SimpliSafe. Click here to view the article about the Original SimpliSafe. If you're not certain which system you have, you can tell the difference here.
Please follow the steps below to troubleshoot not receiving push notifications on your smartphone.
Ensure system push notifications are turned on
- In your SimpliSafe mobile app, go to Settings in the main menu.
- Click Alerts & Notifications for the location you want alerts for. Here you can enable or disable push notifications for the following events:
- Alarm—Smart Alerts when system alarm is triggered
- Activity—Smart Alerts when system is armed or disarmed, and for sensors set to Secret Alert
- Error—Smart Alerts on Power Outages and Sensor Errors.
Turn on camera notifications
- In your SimpliSafe mobile app, go to Settings in the main menu
- Click Camera Settings
- Choose the camera you’d like alerts from
- Enable or disable the notifications you'd like to receive
- Ensure that Motion Detection is turned on by clicking the section and enabling Motion Notification
- You will only receive motion alerts when your camera’s privacy shutter is open
Allow SimpliSafe to send push notifications to your smartphoe
- Go to “Settings”
- Click “Notifications”
- Find the SimpliSafe app, and make sure notifications are turned on
- Tap Apps > Settings > MORE
- Tap Application manager > DOWNLOADED
- Tap on the SimpliSafe app
- Select or clear the check box next to Show notifications to enable or disable push notifications
If your notifications are set up correctly, then try closing the app and re-opening it.
If you still are not receiving notifications, try deleting the app and re-installing it.
If you are still unable to receive push notifications, please contact our customer support.