Smart Lock Offline
If you see a notification in the SimpliSafe® Mobile App that your Smart Lock is offline, you will need to change its batteries. The Smart Lock is powered by four (4) AA Alkaline batteries with the PIN Pad taking two (2) CR2450 Lithium Batteries. The batteries within the Smart Lock and PIN Pad have a life expectancy of 8-12 months, depending on usage.
To change your Smart Lock batteries, follow the steps below:
1. Slide the battery cover (the oval portion of the Lock labeled "SimpliSafe") off the device by pulling down on it.
This will expose the batteries and allow you to replace them.
2. Once the batteries have been replaced, put the battery cover back on and slide the compartment up until it clicks into place.
To replace the PIN Pad batteries, follow the steps below:
1. Use the pinhole key that was included in your Smart Lock box and press the tool into the pinhole on the bottom of the PIN Pad
If you do not have the pinhole key still, a SIM Card tool or a paperclip may also work
2. Once the pinhole has been pressed, the top of the PIN Pad will pop off and you will then be able to replace the batteries
3. After the batteries have been replaced, press the PIN Pad top back on until it clicks into place
Is your Smart Lock still offline after replacing the batteries?
If the Smart Lock does not automatically come back online, you will need to remove the device and re-add it to your system.
To remove your Smart Lock:
Open the SimpliSafe® Mobile App on your phone or tablet
Choose My System from the bottom navigation bar
Select Device Settings
Tap on your Smart Lock
Choose ‘Remove Device’
Once you have removed Smart Lock, you can add it back using our Installation Guide.