Camera disconnected means that your camera is not receiving your app’s commands. This most commonly occurs because:
- The camera has been unplugged from power
- The internet router has been unplugged from power
- The camera’s wifi network name or password has changed
- Your internet service provider may be experiencing an outage
If you have confirmed all the above are not the issue, then this may be due to poor connectivity. Some ways to resolve this are:
- Install a WiFi Extender near the camera. You can purchase one of these from us or any electronics store. You will need to follow the install process again for the camera and connect it to the extender instead of your router.
- Move the camera to a different location. Many things can cause interference and sometimes it is not always obvious. Try setting up the camera in a different area of the room, ideally with a different signal path to your router.
- Ensure the camera is not trying to use the router's 5GHz network. Some routers are a 2.4 GHz and 5GHz combo. Our cameras can only operate on the 2.4GHz network. Although this is usually the default, if the networks are the same name, the camera may be attempting to connect to it. Turning off the 5GHz network or renaming it to something different usually resolves this issue.
If you are still having constant or frequent Camera Disconnected messages when trying to view, contact our Customer Support line for further assistance.