What It Means
A "Camera Disconnected" error means that your camera is disconnected from either power or WiFi and it is not receiving your app’s commands. Read on for possible causes and how to address the issue.
- Your WiFi network name or password changed, leaving your camera unable to connect to the network
- The camera or your WiFi router lost power
- Your internet service provider experienced an outage
Rest assured that your SimpliSafe system runs primarily on a cellular connection and your Base Station comes equipped with a 24-hour backup battery to ensure that you are protected at all times—including during a power outage or loss of WiFi connection.
How to Reconnect
- Go into your settings to make sure your WiFi information is up to date
- Double check that both your camera and internet router are plugged in
- Contact your internet service provider to inquire about service availability and interruptions
If you have confirmed all the above are not the issue, then your camera may be experiencing issues with poor connectivity. Learn more about connection strength here, and how to improve your camera’s connectivity here.
If you are still having constant or frequent "Camera Disconnected" messages, contact our Customer Support line for further assistance. We'll be happy to help!