Does your Keypad look like the one pictured to the left? Then you're in the right place! You've got the Original SimpliSafe system. If you purchased a new system in 2018 or later, you likely have the Gen 3 SimpliSafe. Click here to view this article for the Gen 3 SimpliSafe system. If you're not certain which system you have, you can tell the difference here.
For those who have a professional monitoring subscription, the “No Link to Dispatcher” warning will persist on your Keypad, and be announced by your Base Station if you do not have an active cellular connection.
Generally, resetting the Base Station in order to establish a fresh cellular connection will correct the issue. Here’s how to reset your Base Station:
- Remove the power adapter.
- Using a Phillips-head screwdriver, remove the screw holding the battery cover in place, and then remove the battery cover.
- Remove one of the batteries from the Base Station—this ensures there is no power going to the Base Station, which is important—and wait for about 10-15 seconds.
- Plug the power adapter into your Base Station - the power adapter should always be inserted again before the battery.
- Reinsert the battery.
- Close the battery compartment and use the screwdriver to reseal it.
- Wait 1-2 minutes for a fresh connection to be established, and then try accessing your system’s settings from the SimpliSafe App again.
While this shouldn’t be a regular occurrence, we do recommend resetting your Base Station from time to time to ensure that it is consistently using a fresh cellular connection.
If you find yourself needing to reset your Base Station regularly, or if your issue still does not appear to be resolved, please contact our customer support team directly for further assistance.