You and your family's safety and security are the most important thing to us. If you experience a situation with another person or company that leaves you feeling suspicious, concerned, or confused, please follow the below guidelines to help avoid being scammed.
We never send anyone to your house unless you request it
The only time SimpliSafe sends out any technicians is via our partner OnTech to help with system installation—and it must be scheduled by YOU. Neither SimpliSafe nor OnTech ever cold call or send representatives door-to-door.
If you have requested help with installation, you can check your email for reminders sent by OnTech about their scheduled installation. You can also contact OnTech directly with any questions about scheduling a technician visit at 888-252-5629.
If someone claims to need access to your home or system and you did not request the service:
- Do NOT let them in
- Do NOT give out any PINs, Safe Words, or pass codes
- SAFELY acquire proof of this suspicious activity (taking photos of the individual, covertly turning on a camera to record the interaction, obtaining name or contact information, etc.)
- Do not put yourself at risk in order to obtain proof
- Report any suspicious activity as soon as is safe and possible to authorities and to SimpliSafe
- If you are in immediate danger or require emergency dispatch, use your panic button (via the red button on the top of the KeyPad, the Panic Button device, or the red button on the end of the Key Fob) or call 911
- You can contact SimpliSafe every day between 8:00am – Midnight, ET at 888-910-1215
Keep your information safe
If you believe your secure information—such as PINs, passwords, or Safe Words—has been compromised, please update this information immediately.