Does your Keypad look like the one pictured to the left? Then you're in the right place! You've got the Gen 3 SimpliSafe system. If you purchased a system in 2017 or earlier, you have the Original SimpliSafe. If you're not certain which system you have, you can tell the difference here.
In the event you need to install a replacement Keypad to your existing system, you can follow the below steps depending on if you already have a Keypad, access to the App or WebApp, or none of these.
For help removing an old Keypad, please see this page.
Add through Existing Keypad
- Press the Menu button on your existing Keypad
- Enter your Master Pin
- Use the rocker buttons on the edges of the Keypad screen to scroll to Devices
- Scroll to and select Add Device
- Scroll to and select Keypad
- On your new Keypad, push any button so your system can recognize and add the device
- Once successfully installed, the new Keypad screen will now display the system status
Add through the SimpliSafe SmartPhone App
- Open the Menu (≡ button)
- Select Settings
- Select Device Settings
- Tap the plus sign at the top right corner of the screen
- Follow the onscreen instructions to continue adding the Keypad to your system
Add through the Webapp
- Navigate to the Device section of the Webapp
- Select “add or name device”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to continue adding the Keypad to your system
Add Via the Base Station (Emergency Pairing Button)
Please note that pairing through the Emergency Pairing Button should be used as a last resort as your system may be vulnerable during this pairing process. If possible, please use an existing Keypad or the SimpliSafe App to add your new device (instructions above).
- Unplug the Base Station
- Remove the battery cover
- Opposite of where the screw was, you should see a recessed button, which is the Emergency Pairing Button
- Remove and reinsert one battery in your new Keypad
- Its screen should now read "Searching for Base Station"
- Press and release the Emergency Pairing Button on the Base Station
- The Keypad screen should now read "Connecting to Base Station"
- The Base Station should announce that the Keypad has been added and the Keypad screen will now display the system status
- Confirm that your Keypad has successfully been paired by Arming/Disarming your system