Running a connection strength test or speed test, requires the full resources of the computer in the camera. So during one of these tests, the camera is unable to do its other activities such as streaming video.
Because our customers rely on cameras for critical security and peace-of-mind, we have prioritized streaming and recording video over the connection strength and speed tests. That’s why when a test is running, if another user initiates a live stream or the camera detects motion, the camera will stop the test and begin streaming or recording.
To avoid this, you can:
- Ask your family members or other users to not stream the video for the next few minutes.
- If the camera is an indoor camera, turn on the privacy shutter.
- You may need to set the system to off or home in order to engage the privacy shutter.
- Ask your family members or other people in the location to not enter the camera’s field of view.
- Turn the camera towards a wall or cover up the camera.