Does your Keypad look like the one pictured to the left? Then you're in the right place! You've got the Original SimpliSafe system. If you purchased a new system in 2018 or later, you likely have the Gen 3 SimpliSafe. Click here to view this article for the Gen 3 SimpliSafe system. If you're not certain which system you have, you can tell the difference here.
If you have the Original SimpliSafe system and have received a replacement cellular module, follow this guide to install it.
Tools required: Small Phillips head screwdriver
GET YOUR BASE STATION READY:
- Remove the power cable from the bottom of the Base Station.
- Unscrew and rotate the battery compartment on the bottom of the base station and remove one battery (pictured below)
- Rotate the Base Station cone counterclockwise, then lift the cone off.
Step 1: Remove the old 2G cellular module
- Remove the 3 screws attaching the cellular module to the Base Station
- Gently pull the L-shaped cellular module out of its slot (pictured below)
- Unplug the light brown connector from the cellular module by holding and gently pulling the wires. Do not pull by the board—this could damage the connector. (pictured below)
Step 2: Replace with the new 4G wireless module
- Plug the light brown connector from the Base Station into the bottom of the new cellular module. Make sure it is fully plugged in. Do not force the connector in if it doesn’t fit - instead, try plugging it into the other side. (pictured below)
- Insert the cellular module back into the slot on the Base Station.
- Note: You may need to pull the connecting wire out of the way for the cellular module to slide correctly. Tuck the wire back in once the cellular module is screwed into place.
- If the wire is twisted, please leave it this way.
- Screw the cellular module into the Base Station. (pictured below)
- Slide the Base Station cone back on by aligning the dimple on the cover to the dimple on the top of the base station, and rotate clockwise until it snaps in place.
- Replace the Base Station battery and reinsert the power cable.
- Your system should connect to the new 4G network in 1-2 minutes.
Step 3: Test
- Press Menu on your Keypad and enter your master PIN
- Scroll down and select Test Mode, prompting your system to send a test signal that you can see in your account online.
After you have successfully replaced your cellular module, please be sure to properly dispose of the old 2G cellular module based on your state and local guidance for electronic waste recycling.
If you’re having trouble installing your cellular module, please call us at 888-734-2792 and we’ll help you sort it out right away.