The Video Doorbell Pro is designed to replace an existing wired doorbell. If your home does not have a wired doorbell, you will need to install wiring to use the Video Doorbell Pro. The Video Doorbell Pro measures 4.35 x 1.35 x 1.12 inches, enabling it to fit on almost any doorway.
In addition, the Video Doorbell Pro requires:
- A WiFi connection
- The wireless router must be capable of broadcasting at 2.4GHz and with an active Internet connection to stream video. Most networks fulfill this requirement.
- An iOS or Android smartphone for setup
- Once installed, the camera can be viewed through a web browser as well
- An 8 – 24-volt AC transformer in your doorbell wiring. The vast majority of installed doorbells in the US meet this requirement.
- If you're installing a new doorbell box for use with the Video Doorbell, we recommend using a 16-volt AC transformer for best results.