Does your Keypad look like the one pictured to the left? Then you're in the right place! You've got the Original SimpliSafe system. If you purchased a new system in 2018 or later, you likely have the All-New SimpliSafe. Click here to view this article for the All-New SimpliSafe system. If you're not certain which system you have, you can tell the difference here.
Your SimpliSafe system has a built-in Test Mode to let you test all of your sensors. To enter Test Mode:
- Press MENU button (enter Master PIN if it asks)
- Press HOME button until you see "Test Mode" on screen
- Press AWAY button to enter Test mode.
- Follow the instructions below for each sensor that you’d like to test
- The Base Station will announce the sensor type to confirm that it has received the signal (If you have a professional monitoring plan, you will receive a phone call confirming the test
- Press MENU when you are ready to end Test Mode
- You will receive a call from our monitoring center to confirm the test
- You can also view the test event on your timeline via the SimpliSafe app
If you would just like to test your connection, you can stop here. To continue with testing your devices, please continue with the below steps for each type of sensor.
Sensor Testing Instructions (while in Test Mode)
- Press the Test Button on the top of the Motion Sensor
- For an accurate test, leave the room for the sensor you are testing then wait 15 seconds
- Re-enter the room and the Base Station will say “Motion Sensor”
- Press Test Button on the top of the sensor
- Clap your hands loudly near your windows
- Glassbreak sensors will respond to any loud sound in Test Mode (whereas normally they only respond to breaking glass)
- The Base Station will say “Glassbreak Sensor”
- Open and close protected doors and windows
- The Base Station will say “Entry Sensor”
- Hold the Panic Button down for 2 seconds
- The Base Station will say “Panic Button”
Smoke and CO Detectors*:
- Hold the Test Button on the front of the sensor for 4 seconds
- The sensor will beep 3 – 4 times
- The Base Station will say “Smoke/CO Detector”
*Please note that we no longer offer CO Detectors for the Original SimpliSafe system. If you are having an issue with your Original SimpliSafe CO Detector, please contact support to find out how to upgrade your system.
Water and Temperature/Freeze Sensors:
- Press the Test Button on the top of each sensor
- The Base Station will say “Water/Temperature Sensor”
When you have finished testing your sensors, press the left arrow to exit Test Mode.