Does your Keypad look like the one pictured to the left? Then you're in the right place! You've got the Gen 3 SimpliSafe system. If you purchased a system in 2017 or earlier, you have the Original SimpliSafe. If you're not certain which system you have, you can tell the difference here.
If you are experiencing WiFi issues with your SimpliSafe system, there are a few things you can try doing in order to correct this:
- Confirm that your router is broadcasting your network on a 2.4 GHz signal, not 5GHz. (The SimpliSafe system is set to work with 2.4 GHz WiFi networks in order to provide wider coverage. 2.4 gHz penetrates walls and floors much better than 5 gHz networks.)
- If your SSID (name of your wireless network) and/or WiFi Password has recently changed, you'll need to re-enter your password on your keypad. Please see this article for instructions on connecting to and changing your WiFi information.
- ▫ There is currently a 31 character limit on both WiFi network name and password.
- Make sure your SSID is not hidden. If it is, go to your network settings for your WiFi Router and allow the network to be discoverable.
- Try power cycling your base station and attempting to reconnect.
- Reset your WiFi Router.
- Try bringing your Base Station close to your router as you attempt to connect it to your WiFi network.
If these steps don't solve your issue, please give our customer support team a call and we’ll help diagnose and solve your problem.