Does your Keypad look like the one pictured to the left? Then you're in the right place! You've got the Original SimpliSafe system. If you purchased a new system in 2018 or later, you likely have the Gen 3 SimpliSafe. Click here to view this article for the Gen 3 SimpliSafe system. If you're not certain which system you have, you can tell the difference here.
Please follow the steps below to troubleshoot not receiving push notifications on your smartphone.
Ensure System push notifications are turned on
- From your SimpliSafe mobile app, open the main menu (≡)
- Click on Alerts & Notifications for the location you want alerts for.
- There are three types of alerts—make sure you’ve selected the ones you would like.
- Alarm—Smart Alerts when system alarm is triggered.
- Activity—Smart Alerts when system is armed or disarmed, and for sensors set to Secret Alert.
- Error—Smart Alerts on Power Outages and Sensor Errors.
Turn on Camera Notifications
- In your SimpliSafe mobile app, go to Settings in the main menu.
- Click on Camera Settings, and selecting the camera you’d like alerts for.
- Ensure that Motion Detection is turned on by clicking the section and enabling Motion Notification
- You will only receive motion alerts when your camera’s privacy shutter is open.
Allow SimpliSafe to send Push Notifications to your smartphone
- Go to "Settings"
- Click "Notifications"
- Find the SimpliSafe app, and make sure notifications are turned on.
- Tap Apps > Settings > MORE
- Tap Application manager > DOWNLOADED
- Tap on the SimpliSafe app
- Select or clear the check box next to Show notifications to enable or disable push notifications.
If your notifications are set up correctly, then try closing the app and re-opening it.
If you still are not receiving notifications, try deleting the app and re-installing it.
If you are still unable to receive push notifications, please contact our customer support.