Does your Keypad look like the one pictured to the left? Then you're in the right place! You've got the Original SimpliSafe system. If you purchased a new system in 2018 or later, you likely have the Gen 3 SimpliSafe. Click here to view this article for the Gen 3 SimpliSafe system. If you're not certain which system you have, you can tell the difference here.
Keypad Out of Range is a generic message that appears on your Keypad whenever the device is not communicating with your Base Station. There are a few different reasons that this error will appear:
- The Keypad is too far away from the Base Station.
- There is some other device between your Keypad and Base Station that is inhibiting their ability to communicate with each other.
- The Keypad is not paired with the Base Station, or was programmed incorrectly.
To determine the cause, bring the Base Station closer to the Keypad. Since it has a backup battery, this can be accomplished by simply unplugging the power adapter from the bottom of your Base Station, and bringing it nearer to your Keypad. Enter your PIN, and see if the error clears (or if you hear the Base Station acknowledge the PIN entry). If it does, you may want to adjust the positioning of your Base Station to allow it to communicate more directly with the Keypad. If it does not, additional steps may be necessary.
To ensure that the Keypad was programmed into your Base Station properly, there are a few things you can do:
If this is not your only Keypad, you can check to make sure that the Keypad serial number was entered correctly using a Keypad that is working properly. To do this:
- Press “menu” on the properly functioning Keypad, and enter your Master PIN.
- Press “4”. The Keypad display should read “4. Remove Device”.*
Otherwise, please contact SimpliSafe support.