Does your Keypad look like the one pictured to the left? Then you're in the right place! You've got the Gen 3 SimpliSafe system. If you purchased a system in 2017 or earlier, you have the Original SimpliSafe. If you're not certain which system you have, you can tell the difference here.
SimpliSafe customer service may occasionally send out a replacement cellular module to troubleshoot customer issues. If you have received one of these from our customer service, follow this guide to install it.
Step 1: Prepare the Base Station
- Remove the power cable from the bottom of the Base Station.
- Use a Phillips head screwdriver to open the battery compartment and remove one battery.
- Remove the Base Station cone by rotating it counter clockwise then lifting up. Fig. 1
Step 2: Remove the old Wireless Module
- Unscrew the one screw attaching the wireless module to the Base Station and pull the module out of its slot.
- Unplug the brown connector from the wireless module. Fig. 2
Step 3: Add the new Wireless Module
- Plug the brown connector from the Base Station into the new Wireless Module.
- Insert the Wireless Module into the slot on the Base Station at a 45 degree angle then up into the slot. Fig 3.
- Note: You may need to pull the connecting wire out of the way for the module to slide correctly. Tuck the wire back in once the module is screwed into place.
- Screw the Wireless Module in the Base Station.
- Slide the Base Station cone back on (making sure the SimpliSafe logo is on the side opposite the power cord). Rotate the cone counter clockwise until it snaps in place.
- Replace the Base Station backup battery, screw the battery cover back on, and reinsert the power cable into the bottom of the Base Station.
- Place the Base Station in a location that will get good wireless reception (such as near a window) and allow 1-2 minutes for the system to log on to the new network.
Step 4: Test
- Press Menu on your Keypad
- When prompted, enter your Master PIN to enter the menu system.
- Scroll down to Test Mode.
- Enter Test Mode by pressing on the Keypad Screen's right side (you will see an arrow).
- This will cause your system to send a test signal which you can see in your account online. (http://simplisafe.com/account)
- To exit Test Mode, navigate to the left, and left again to exit the menu.