Does your Keypad look like the one pictured to the left? Then you're in the right place! You've got the All-New SimpliSafe system. If you purchased a system in 2017 or earlier, you have the Original SimpliSafe. Click here to view the article about the Original SimpliSafe. If you're not certain which system you have, you can tell the difference here.
The “No Link to Dispatcher” warning is announced by your Base Station or displayed on your Keypad when your System does not have an active cellular or WiFi connection to the Dispatch Center.
Generally, resetting the Base Station in order to establish a fresh cellular connection will correct the issue. Here’s how to reset your Base Station:
- Remove the power adapter.
- Using a Phillips-head screwdriver, remove the screw holding the battery cover in place, and then remove the battery cover.
- Remove one of the batteries from the Base Station—this ensures there is no power going to the Base Station, which is important—and wait for about 10-15 seconds.
- Reinsert the battery.
- Close the battery compartment and use the screwdriver to reseal it.
- Plug the power adapter into your Base Station
- Wait 1-2 minutes for a fresh connection to be established.
- Arm your system by pressing the Home or Away button. If you no longer hear the Base Station announce “No Link to Dispatcher” you were likely able to re-establish the cellular connection.
If after completing these steps you still hear the Base Station announce “No Link to Dispatcher” you can try moving your Base Station closer to a window (to improve the cellular signal) and repeating steps 1-8.
We also recommend connecting to WiFi. Wifi provides an alternative connection to our Dispatch Center. Even if you were able to re-establish a cellular connection Wifi can provide a second means of a connection to the Dispatch Center, adding an extra layer of protection.
If you find yourself needing to reset your Base Station regularly, or if your issue still does not appear to be resolved, please contact our customer support team directly for further assistance.