This article is about the Original SimpliSafe system. If you purchased a new system in 2018 or later, you likely have the All-New SimpliSafe. Click here to view this article for the All-New SimpliSafe system. If you're not certain which system you have, you can tell the difference here.
SimpliSafe offers text, email, and push notification alerts to our Interactive Monitoring subscribers. This article troubleshoots not receiving SMS messages. If you are interested in push notifications for your smartphone, please see this article.
- First, ensure you are subscribed to our 24/7 Interactive Alarm Monitoring Plan. You can view this online. If not, please activate service through your online customer account or by contacting support.
- Second, check to ensure your system is working. Do you see events showing up on your Timeline (i.e. “Test Signal Received”, etc..) on either your mobile app or the webapp? If not, please make sure your base station is receiving power, then put your system in test mode, and check your Timeline again. If you don’t see an event about test mode, please contact support to further troubleshoot
- Check to ensure your alerts are set up correctly.
- On the mobile app, go to Settings, then Alerts & Notifications.
- Ensure the correct phone number or email address is listed, and that there is no red “verify” button. If there is, click the verify button and resend the the code. Then type that code into the confirmation box.
If you’re still not receiving alerts:
Some wireless carriers will by default disable your phone's ability to receive text messages sent by email. Verizon and AT&T users can enable email texts right on their online accounts. Other wireless providers require you to call in for customer support and request that you can receive SMS messages sent to your phone's SMS email address.
- For Verizon: Go to Your Account's Spam Controls and log into your account when prompted. On the bottom of this screen there is a button labeled 'Block all text messages sent from email' that you'll just need to deselect. That's it!
- For AT&T: Go to Your Account's Messaging Controls and log into your account when prompted. You will then need to navigate to your spam control and ensure you have selected the ability to receive email text messages.
If all else fails: Please contact customer support. We’ll be happy to help.