This article is about the Original SimpliSafe system. If you purchased a new system in 2018 or later, you likely have the All-New SimpliSafe. If you're not certain which system you have, you can tell the difference here.
If you are a subscriber to the Interactive Monitoring plan and still find yourself unable to manage your SimpliSafe Original system’s settings from your smartphone or tablet, the most common cause is a poor cellular connection on your Base Station. Generally, resetting the Base Station in order to establish a fresh cellular connection will correct the issue. Here’s how to reset your Base Station:
- Remove the power adapter.
- Using a Phillips-head screwdriver, remove the screw holding the battery cover in place, and then remove the battery cover.
- Remove one of the batteries from the Base Station and wait for about 10-15 seconds.
- Plug the power adapter into your Base Station - the power adapter should always be inserted again before the battery.
- Reinsert the battery.
- Close the battery compartment and use the screwdriver to reseal it.
- Wait 1-2 minutes for a fresh connection to be established, and then try accessing your system’s settings from the SimpliSafe App again.
If you find yourself needing to reset your Base Station regularly, or if your issue still does not appear to be resolved, please contact our customer support team directly for further assistance.