Does your Keypad look like the one pictured to the left? Then you're in the right place! You've got the All-New SimpliSafe system. If you purchased a system in 2017 or earlier, you have the Original SimpliSafe. Click here to view the article about the Original SimpliSafe. If you're not certain which system you have, you can tell the difference here.
Your SimpliSafe system has a built-in Test Mode to let you test all of your sensors. To enter Test Mode:
- From the keypad, go to the “Menu” and select “Test Mode"
- Follow the instructions below for each sensor that you’d like to test
- The Base Station will announce the sensor type to confirm that it has received the signal (If you have a professional monitoring plan, you will receive a phone call confirming the test)
Sending a Test Signal (while in Test Mode)
You can also send us a test signal to confirm that your system is connected, either independently of testing your devices or after testing them to make sure your system remains connected. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press Menu on your Keypad
- Enter your PIN if it asks
- Press the right edge of the screen to scroll to Test Mode
- Press the bottom edge to enter Test Mode
- Press the left edge when you are ready to end Test Mode and return to the Menu
- You will receive a call from our monitoring center to confirm the test
- You can also view the test event on your timeline via the SimpliSafe app
If you would just like to test your connection, you can stop here. To continue with testing your devices, please continue with the below steps for each type of sensor.
Sensor Testing (while in Test Mode)
- Press the Test Button on the top of the Motion Sensor
- For an accurate test, leave the room for the sensor you are testing then wait 15 seconds
- Re-enter the room and the Base Station will say “Motion Sensor"
- Press Test Button on the top of the sensor
- Clap your hands loudly near your windows
- Glassbreak sensors will respond to any loud sound in Test Mode (whereas normally they only respond to breaking glass)
- Open and close protected doors and windows
- Listen for the Base Station to say "Entry Sensor" to confirm
- Hold the Panic Button down for 2 seconds
- Listen for the Base Station to say "Panic Button" to confirm
Smoke and CO Detectors:
- Hold the Test Button on the front of the sensor for 4 seconds
- The sensor will beep 3 – 4 times
Extra Siren, Water, and Temperature/Freeze Sensors:
- Press the Test Button on the top of each sensor
- Listen for the Base Station to say the sensor name to confirm
After you have tested your devices, you can now either test your system connection by following the steps at the top of this page, or press the left arrow to exit Test Mode.