During setup, the mobile app will ask you to scan a QR code with your camera. If you are stuck on this step, please follow these instructions.
- First, make sure that the clear protective cover is removed off the lens and the doorbell LED is blinking white.
- The doorbell may require up to five minutes to charge its battery. If it is still not blinking white after having charging time, make sure the doorbell is receiving power. Then try holding the button on the back of the doorbell for 15 seconds to reset the camera.
- Next, make sure that the smartphone or tablet is showing the QR code in its entirety and that the phone brightness is set high enough to fully illuminate the QR code.
- Phone brightness can be adjusted right below the QR code or in your phone’s settings menu, but the app tries to set it to maximum brightness for this screen by default.
- If it continues not to read the code, make sure that the doorbell and phone are around a foot apart and facing each other.
- If the code will not scan, try slowly moving the phone closer and then further away from the doorbell. This may take up to a few minutes before it scans.
If it continues not to read the QR code, please contact customer support.