The “No Link to Dispatcher” warning will persist on your Keypad, and be announced by your Base Station if you do not have an active cellular or WiFi connection.
If you haven’t set up WiFi before but would like to do so now, follow these directions:
- Press the "menu" button on your Keypad and enter your Master PIN when prompted.
- Navigate to System Settings and select it by pressing the right rocker.
- Navigate to WiFi and select it. After a few moments, your Keypad will display a list of available networks.
- Scroll to the network you'd like to connect to and press the right rocker to select it.
- Enter your network password. The Base Station will attempt to connect to the network, and the Keypad will notify you of the result. If unsuccessful, you will be asked to verify your password by re-entering it.
Once your system connects to your WiFi network, wait about 30 seconds to allow the Base Station to log in to SimpliSafe’s servers, then try changing your system’s state from the Keypad. The Timeline page of your account (accessible from SimpliSafe.com or through the SimpliSafe App on a mobile device) should show the state change you just issued.
If you continue to experience issues after this (or if you are unable to connect your system to WiFi at all), you may need to reboot your Base Station to establish a fresh cellular connection. Here’s how to reset your Base Station:
- Remove the power adapter.
- Using a Phillips-head screwdriver, remove the battery compartment cover from the bottom of the Base Station. Twist counterclockwise to remove the cover, and remove one battery for 10-15 seconds—this ensures there is no power going to the Base Station which is important.
- Put the battery back into place, and close the battery compartment, screwing it shut after the cover is secure.
- Plug the power adapter into your Base Station.
- Wait 1-2 minutes for a fresh connection to be established, and then try accessing your system’s settings from the SimpliSafe app again.
If your issue still does not appear to be resolved, or if you do not plan on having your system monitored by SimpliSafe’s monitoring center in the near future and wish to disable the “No Link to Dispatcher” warning altogether, please contact our customer support team directly for further assistance. Support can be reached between 8 AM and Midnight ET, every day of the week.