Massice Privacy concern
It's not a request to help, so much as a MASSIVE concern.
My specific concern:
Both interior cameras make a recording when I am home and turn my system off.
Let me spell that out in detail:
1) I am home, and the system is in HOME mode.
2) in HOME mode the privacy shutter is set to "CLOSED".
3) I turn off the system.
4) when the system is off, the shutter is set to "CLOSED"
5) this is the important part:
When I turn the system off, the camera's shutter opens (all the cameras) and the camera records for 1-minute.
6) I don't mind the exterior cameras recording but I have a MASSIVE PRIVACY CONCERN with the interior cameras recording me, the owner, every morning, or whenever I turn the alarm off.
So, to summarize:
I'd like to know if this is normal behavior, in which case I'd like to lodge a complaint of invasion of privacy.
If this is not normal behavior, I'd like it addressed.
Regardless, I don't want the system recording the premises when the system is off and the alarm has not been triggered.
I assume this is just faulty programming, but could just as easily be convinced of nefarious intent on the part of SimpliSafe.
Please respond to this with something more than "we'll look into it".
Thank you, ejd.